The Athens Authentic Marathon is taking place on Sunday the 14th November and 30,000 people from all over the world will be taking part.
The authentic route is famous for being one of the most challenging in the world being mostly uphill; 21 kilometers to be exact!
I’m panting as I’m writing this!!! (lol)
Runners have already started to arrive in the beautiful city of Athens and are warming up by checking out the ancient sites before the big day.
The starting point is at Marathon village and the finish line at the ancient Olympic Stadium – “Kallimarmaro”.
Rain is predicted for Sunday – all day!!!
A marathon for … ducks!!!
Running in tune to the sound of squishy-squashy shoes might sound like fun for some but others are a bit skeptical about that…
Don’t worry though!
Help is on the way!
There are a few tips to follow when having to run for around 3 to 5 hours or more in the rain.
If you follow these tips, believe me, it will be enjoyable, memorable and you might even prefer these weather conditions for your next run.
So, here goes:
- Wear as little as possible and body-hugging clothes.
- Wear a hat with a brim or a visor.
- Wear your thinnest pair of socks!!!
- You might also want to wear a waterproof jacket, however, I feel it’s not as comfortable running in one for so long.
Bare is best!
- Have a dry set of clothes to change into at the finish line.
Enjoy your run!
Enjoy your visit to Greece!!!